The Converting market embraces all applications in which the processing of a material starts with its unwinding. The main materials involved are paper, cardboard, plastic films and non-woven fabric.
The brake is used mainly to tension the material and for machine emergency stopping.
In the former case - tensioning - the brake is mounted on the pay-off shaft, while in the latter - emergency braking - the brakes are installed along the driveline, upstream or downstream of the reduction gear, in the take-up, pay-off or feed positions.
For this market, Coremo also offers pneumatic clutches for drive systems.
The COREMO OFFERING comprises:
- Pneumatic caliper brakes, both air- and spring-applied.
- Air-cooled modular brakes.
- Autoventilated double disc brakes.
- Pneumatic disc clutches.
- A vast range of drive couplings and cast iron or steel discs.
- Various types of friction materials suitable for the different applications and braking types.
- Technical support service to identify the most suitable brake in terms of both torque and power.
Coremo Ocmea has been working in this sector for a long time, with thousands of applications in flexo and rotogravure printing machines, slitter-rewinders, laminating machines, coating machines, embossers, labelling machines, corrugated board making machines and creasing machines.