Oil&Gas is an exceptionally demanding market; extraction plants very often work in hostile, dangerous environments with:
- Extreme weather conditions which may vary from -40°C to +60°C.
- Oxidation of ferrous materials caused by corrosive environments.
- Explosion risk due to the presence of gases and hydrocarbons.
Given this demanding industrial environment, special care must be taken when choosing a brake, and Coremo rises to the occasion with expertise built up in more than 60 years’ experience, offering tailored technical solutions and high safety and reliability standards.
Specifically, THE COREMO OFFERING comprises:
- Oil-applied and spring-applied hydraulic brakes with high braking forces (tangential forces up to 300,000 N) used in both on-shore and off-shore sectors in various applications (winches and hoists, lifting systems, drilling rigs, vessels, etc.).
- Carefully chosen range of hydraulic power packs for brake powering and control.
- Use of special, corrosion-resistant coatings, materials and treatments
- Use of carbon steel with high strength even at low temperatures.
- Friction materials compliant with current regulations for potentially explosive environments.
- Control of the entire design and construction process enables modifications to brakes or the development of customised solutions, in close cooperation with clients.