Winches and hoists are generally used in cranes for handling inertial loads, but there are also many other applications where winches are used for mixed transportation (goods and passengers), the operation of mechanical booms and buckets (excavators, draglines, etc.), curtains and stages (theatres and stadia), keep a vessel moored (pipeline laying vessels) or support the weight of a drill (on-shore and off-shore oil & gas drilling rigs).
The COREMO OFFERING comprises:
- Air- and spring-applied pneumatic caliper brakes.
- Manual caliper brakes.
- Oil- and spring-applied hydraulic brakes with tangential force up to 300,000 N.
- Carefully chosen range of hydraulic power packs for brake powering and control.
- A vast range of drive couplings and cast iron hat or steel flat discs.
- Certified non-sparking friction materials suitable for ATEX-classified environments.
- Anti-corrosion surface treatments such as coatings, treatments and the use of special materials.
- Use of special steels resistant down to temperatures of - 40 °C.
- Technical support for customers who require assistance during the development of individual designs, in order to meet specific requirements and comply with international standards.
Coremo has entered into a commercial agreement enabling it to sell electrohydraulically operated drum and disc brakes to complete a high-quality, high-tech offering.